Hi fellas

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Gordy Gordy 1 year ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Gordy Gordy 
    Participant

Oh man! started kettle-bells about 18 months ago in fact joined a gym for the first time 18 months ago, reason being all my life I have suffered from tourettes and about 5 years ago they finally got my meds to a point I could actually do stuff like go to a gym haha!!. Anyways I tried out a few things Like TRX, yoga, dumbbells….. but they didn’t sit too well with the tourettes especially when every one is in their yoga zone and I start shouting f$%$£ up ….. lolz.

Anyways finally found the kettle-bells and they really kept me calm but had no strength to do anything with it haha but slowly very slowly started swinging with only a little 8kg and took some time to learn about it in fact i watched many of Taco Fleurs videos on youtube and studied them alone with Pavels videos over and over, my strength slowly grew and my confidence and my understand of the different types of kettle-bell styles…… now today I mainly swing a 32Kg and started the 36kg 2 handed swing but have had a go on a 56kg for 5 sets of 10 swings haha!!!! I also do S&S 2 handed swings 32kg and TGUs on a 28KG so you can see how far i have come with it and very pleased and if i must say impressed with myself HAHA!!!

At the moment am learning barbells which i actually quite like, didnt think i would, I guess having the technique from kettle-bells has help and am looking forward to learning more about competition kettle-bells this summer.

The best thing that has happened over the last 18 months tho apart from the strength gains and the body changes is that people see me first now and not the tourettes to the point that the gym has gone from doing 1 kettlebell class a week to 4 so not only have i improved myself but dragged others along on the journey haha.

better stop as could chat for ever, oh am from the UK, male, 46

Profile photo of me@tacofleur.com me@tacofleur.com 
    Keymaster

Hi Gordon,

welcome to the Kettlebell Community, amazing story you have there, enjoyed reading it. That’s also some serious weight you have swung there, I can’t even say I have ever touched anything heavier than 40kg, so, awesome job there.

If you have any videos of you working out, feel free to share them, also happy to make a little story out of it.

Keep on swinging!

Participant

Thanks for your reply. Was a bit late last night so made an error, it was a 50kg not a 56kg. Was getting a little ambitious, lol. Will try to do a video, but not the best at that type of thing. Off to the gym in a minute so will keep on swinging 😉

Keymaster

50 or 56, still amazing weight. If you have anything raw in regards to video, I can turn into something nice for you.

Participant

ok sure will get some done either Friday or Saturday I also have a video of the first time I TGU a 24kg so will look that out too. There is masses to read on both this and your caveman site so gonna be busy reading it all. Cheers for the offer thats a nice thing to do 🙂

Participant

haha i did some videos today will do more but try these feel free to check my form too, oh these where just first time testers lolz

I so don’t do stuff like video myself normally but was fun to do 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Profile photo of Gordy Gordy.
    • This reply was modified 1 year ago by Profile photo of Gordy Gordy.
    Keymaster

Hi Gordon,

great work. Not sure about the pull-ups though 🙂

Am I correct in saying that the Kettlebell bobs and produces friction in your hand at the end of the swing?

If you like, I can do something with this and write your story in a video? Might need some more info if you do.

Participant

haha I knew i shouldn’t have the video start that way but was really excited and they are jump pulls, what made me lol was I put them on youtube to get them on here and someone saw it and commented say sick stuff dude lol. I am at the gym laters today so will do TGU with the 28kg and post that.

It will bob if im holding a really light kettlebell or holding the bell its self lightly, at the moment my hands are really toughened so don’t feel much friction tbh.

Anyway will do some more videos as im finding them fun to do lolz even if its crap lolz.

As far as the story will let you look at my form if its shit then let me work on my form more, as although im quite easy going guy i really do have a passion for good standards in kettlebell.

Participant

Ok back from gym with more vedio from S&S

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2017 World Kettlebell Community sponsored by Caveman Kettlebells and owned by Taco Fleur

or

or    

Forgot your details?